Many people that set out to create a blog run into a very common problem, blog content ideas. While this is a very common problem, and actually one of the main reasons why people give up on their blog, it does not have to be a problem that holds you back. In this short post I will share some tips and tricks I use so you can always have a steady flow of fresh blog content ideas ready to write about.
Blog Content Ideas – Why Do We Struggle?
Why is it that so many people struggle to find ideas for blog content? I personally believe that so many people just over think the process. Creating content for your blog does not have to be so complicated. Not every post will be your best, but it is important when blogging to be consistent, so check out these tips below, and implement them into your business and you should never run out of blog content ideas again!
Blog Content Ideas – Types of Content You Can Create
- How to Content – If you posses useful knowledge that you know others would like to have, create a how to post on it, and show the people exactly how to do something. This can be anything in your chosen niche. An example would be How to Set Up a WordPress Blog. One thing I like to do is to always make a how to type post after a webinar or live training event that I attend. The information on those types of trainings are gold, and are exactly the types of things people need help with. Always give people value and it will pay off in the end, so don’t be afraid to share your knowledge like true leaders do.
- Ah Ha Moments – There will be times in life and in business when you have an ah ha moment. Blog about it. Chances are very good that if you had an ah ha moment from the information you gathered others will too. These make great blog posts!
- Lifestyle Content – Don’t be afraid to share details on who you are and what you like to do. This will help you to connect with your target audience, and besides people love to see stuff like this. So if you are out on the golf course, or on the ski hill one day take your camera, shoot some pictures and write a blog post about it. Incorporate it with why you do what you do so you can enjoy these types of activities.
- Inspirational Content – I love reading articles and posts that inspire, and so do many other people. If you have some inspirational or motivational content on your mind share it! The more people you can inspire in your life and in your business the better you will be.
- Product Reviews – Every niche has products for sale. This one type of content could keep you busy at all times if you wanted to go that route. On this website, I love to do product reviews and have done a review for the blogging course that has taught me everything I know about blogging. It is called Pro blog Academy, and you can read my review HERE.
- Company Reviews – Another type of content that can keep you busy is company reviews. Much like product reviews, every niche has loads of opportunity to write company reviews. Don’t slander or rip companies, just offer a review on who they are, what they do, and where they do it.
These are all great blog content ideas you can run with. This list truly gives you NO EXCUSE when it comes to finding ideas.
Blogging – What Not to Do…
One bit of advice I would like to share with you is that to become a successful blogger means you MUST be consistent. Don’t take the work out of work from home, and think that since you wrote 20 blog posts you are done. A bloggers work is never done, and if you let your blog site go stale, and stop putting fresh content out the search engines will ignore your site, and ultimately stop sending you traffic.
I hope these tips for blog content ideas has helped you see that there are literally thousands of topics you can write on. Many bloggers get a brain cramp trying to figure out what they will post about, but it just doesn’t have to be that hard.
Thanks for reading this entire post on blog content ideas! Please comment below and let me know your thoughts. Also, feel free to share via social media if you think others would find this useful!
PS – If you really want to go big and take your blogging skills to the top I advise you to check out the #1 course for bloggers online. To take a closer look at Pro Blog Academy, CLICK HERE.
Til Next Time!