Before you can really make money online, you need to know how to establish your target market. This fundamental aspect of creating content is very important, and is one that is often overlooked by many people. It is something I learned at the Pro Blog Academy. As content creators, we HAVE to know who we are talking to. The deeper you can go inside your target market the better. So how the heck do you do this?
Let me explain!
How to Establish Your Target Market by Asking Questions
There are some questions you need to ask yourself before creating content that will help you establish exactly who your target market is. These questions will get you started on the right path:
Who Is my Target Market?
- Who is perfect for my offer?
- Where do they hang out? Offline/Online..
- What do they like/dislike?
- What are their pain points, emotionally and physically? Find out what keeps them up at night, and what their struggles are. If you are creating content for online marketers, it could be something like getting traffic to your website.
How Can You Speak Their Language and Solve Their Problems?
- Give them valuable info that can help solve problems.
- Lead with valuable info and the sales will follow (attraction marketing 101).
- Understand where they are now, but show them where you are qualified to take them – Paint the picture for them – Tell your story. Remember, facts tell and stories sell. The better of connection you can make with your prospect through your content the more effective your content will be.
Being able to identify these things before creating content is huge. If you can do this you will be able to tackle all of your prospects concerns, and establish yourself as the leader, the one that solved their problems.
How You Use This For Your Marketing Efforts – The Formula
- Study your offer thoroughly – Know what you are promoting.
- Who is it speaking to?
- What pains can you ease with the offer?
- Research info for content ideas – Example: If you are selling a blogging course go to Google and search for something related, like why blogging is important for a website. Find the hot buttons that are deeper into the issue your product solves, then use those and recommend your product.
- Create content that explains the “why or what” with a link to your offer. Once the target market understands the why or what and have the how, and you will get the sale.
Hopefully you now know how to establish your target market. This article was geared to helping you learn how to do just that.
Okay great. Now you have your content created, what can you do to get some eyeballs on it?
Post Valuable Content To:
- Facebook – Groups, pages, your own fan page etc..
- Your own blog
If you are not incorporating some of these social media sites to get some eyes on your content you are leaving money on the table. You can find laser targeted groups and pages on Facebook for just about everything, so you would be wrong not to utilize that. Another bonus is that it helps with indexing your content. Google will find your content much faster if there are social links out there for them to find.
I hope this post shed some light on the subject, and you now know how to establish your target market. Don’t create content blindly and aimlessly just hoping the right person will stumble on it, create it specifically FOR THAT person.
Thanks for reading this post! If you found it helpful please leave me a comment below and share via Facebook, Twitter, or Google +.
PS – To learn from the #1 training platform for marketers online and build on the information you have acquired from this website CLICK HERE NOW, unless your results cannot get any better.
Til Next Time!